Friday, April 9, 2010

Interview write up

1. Q: How is it being an accountant?
A: I teach accounting to wonderful students and perform the accounting functions for my own business, so I'm not technically an accounting but use and teach accounting on a daily basis.


2. Q: Do you like being an accountant?
A: I like teaching and accounting for my business very much. I am a very organized person and like everything in its place, and that is why I believe I like accounting.


3. Q: What are the good things about being an accountant?
A: I have a predictable schedule and reliable source of income, unlike other careers such as sales where there in uncertainty. There is always room to grow in the accounting field as well, as new laws and regulations come up continually, and there are always new areas to learn about such as forensic accounting and fraud detection.


4. Q: What are the bad things about being an accountant?
A: Routine accounting functions can become boring and hard on the eyes. There's not much exercise associated with accounting, either! It is also hard to keep up with all of the changes in tax laws, etc.


5. Q: Did you always want to be an accountant?
A: No, I originally wanted to be a doctor, and then a hotel manager, but my academic path led me into the business field, and then education, and then accounting education.


6. Q: Do you think there should be more accountants or less? Explain?
A:I think there should be more accountants because I get to teach the accounting classes students need to become accountants.


7. Q: Do you think accounting is an easy job or hard job? Explain?
A: The difficulty of the accounting job depends upon the task and the level of experience the accountant has. Routine bookkeeping is not difficult, but more complex accounting functions take time to learn to do correctly.


8. Q: Which accountants is there more of or less of? Explain?
A: According to our textbook, 60% of accountants work in the private sector (for one individual company); 25% work in the public sector (such as accountants at H&R Block who do taxes for a number of clients); and the remaining 15% work for non-profits, governmental agencies and other misc. fields.

9. Q: What do you wish was different about the accounting jobs?
A: I cannot think of anything I wish was different.


10. Q: What issues do you think accountants have?
A: The field of accounting continues to expand with the different specializations such as tax, estate planning, auditing, etc. Keeping up with the laws and generally accepted accounting principles is a challenge. It can also be a challenge keeping up with technology upgrades.


interviewed my accounting teacher on April 5 2010. We did the interview over e-mail. I ask my teacher 10 questions about accounting. I learned from this interview is that there are too many accounting jobs and to hard to keep up with the new accounting jobs and the technology for them too. Also I learned that there should be more people going for accounting jobs so we can keep up with all new accounting jobs and the technology for accounting. Plus I learned that the higher in accounting jobs, the harder the difficult of the job it’s going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment